We have a fantastic opportunity for a Concierge Officer to join our team based in Lewisham, London. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis, working 16 hours a week over two days between Monday and Wednesday. In return for a competitive salary of £22,379 per annum pro-rata.
About the Concierge Officer role:
You will work in new builds at our flagship Parkside development in Lewisham welcoming residents, responding to enquiries in person, by email, and over the phone, providing guidance to visitors, as well as other ad hoc activities.
Responsibilities of our Concierge Officer include:
- Assisting residents, guests, and visitors with job tasks and individual requests to be dealt with efficiently whilst maintaining reception cover
- Ensuring that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times
- Dealing effectively with complaints, take the correct action, and remain courteous at all times
- Ensuring effective security of residents and the building at all times including manning any CCTV, undertaking patrols of the development, and aid the smooth running of car parking facilities
- Programming and issuing of access control fobs and handling payments from residents
- Checking and screening all visitors and guests and any contractor staff, ensuring they have permission to be present in the building. Reporting any suspicious/unusual behaviour to the Neighbourhood Services Manager or Senior Manager on call, calling the Police if necessary, and gathering of evidence e.g. CCTV
- Correct reporting of any security/Health & Safety issues, incidents, and complaints. Taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency
- Undertaking regular utility meter readings of landlord and residential meters
- Taking responsibility for all deliveries to the main reception desk, receiving and safekeeping of all parcels/registered mail, and correct issuing of all parcels/registered mail with a record which must be signed by residents
- Issuing of keys only to correct personnel/residents whilst recording at all times the signing in and out of keys
- Taking responsibility for the development of fire and emergency procedures policy and ensuring that relevant preventative measures are undertaken
- Pro-actively dealing with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the development and regularly carrying out regular patrols in line with the service standard to identify any problems and undertaking actions to resolve e.g. emergency cleaning/litter picking etc
What we’re looking for in our Concierge Officer:
- Experience of providing a residential concierge service or other similar front of house roles
- Able to build good working relationships with residents, contractors, and staff
- Able to prioritise own workload and adopt a flexible approach to work
- Physical fitness and mobility is a requirement as heavy lifting is sometimes involved
- Ability to work with little supervision sometimes in pressurised situations
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy with confidence especially in difficult or challenging situations
- Committed to the provision of a high-quality customer-orientated service by ensuring development is maintained to a high standard and using initiative to resolve issues right first time
- An understanding of basic building maintenance issues to ensure accurate reporting of repair defects
- An understanding of what constitutes safe working practices for self, other staff, and residents
Closing date: Tuesday 9th March 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Concierge Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST