The Governors at Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our successful team and contribute to the health and wellbeing of our children during the lunch break. This will be on a temporary basis until July 2021 subject to funding, the hours will be 6 hours 15 minutes per week, Monday to Friday 11.45am to 1pm. The successful candidate will be required to start ASAP.
- To supervise a classroom setting.
- To supervise the playground area during the lunchtime period.
- To supervise indoors during wet lunchtimes.
- To be part of the team that covers the basic first aid of children during lunch time, recording any accidents in the first aid book.
- To implement the school behaviour policy during the lunchtime.
- To work as part of the lunchtime team and to support colleagues where appropriate.
- To assist in providing general care and welfare to children.
- To help the children organise games and help them to play appropriately.
- To supervise and control groups or individual children.
- To contribute to the maintenance of a safe environment for the children
- To undertake any other duties that the Headteacher may deem reasonably appropriate to the role of the lunch time staff.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and reliable
- Passionate about working with children to help develop their potential
- Experienced in working with children in school
- Committed to the whole school community and be prepared to be actively involved in the life of the school
- Committed to the safeguarding of children
Closing date: Friday 5th March 12pm
Interview date: Friday 12th March TBC
This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong team of teachers and support staff who work closely together to provide the very best education and experiences for children and families.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.