Stanford Junior & Infants School are looking to appoint an organised and efficient individual to join our admin team. The role involves reception duties and to fulfil appropriate administrative duties in a professional manner. To provide a welcoming first point of contact on behalf of the organisation, and to provide administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the general office.
You should be a friendly, motivated individual who meets the following requirements:-
- Previous school office experience and a good working knowledge of Scholarpack or SIMS, FMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
- GCSE English and Maths to Grade C
- Show proper care and understanding to pupils, families and staff
- Maintain a professional conduct and efficient service at all times
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- Is organised and works well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of handling confidential information operating within the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Flexibility to undertake further training available and tasks as required
- Confident in minute taking for meetings
- Undertake reception duties, answering the telephone (transferring calls, taking and delivering caller messages) and dealing with face to face enquiries
- Signing in visitors and issuing passes, checking DBS and ID documentation, alerting staff to the arrival of a visitor, monitoring the collection of the visitor, signing out and collecting passes as they leave
- Liaising with staff for the delivery and collection of parcels
- Assist first aiders with student first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick students, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- Assist in arrangements for school trips, events etc.
- Provide general clerical/admin. support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence, sorting and distributing internal / external mail and emails
- Work with the IT team to produce a regular on-line school newsletter, checking it for relevance and proper use of the English language
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Undertake administrative procedures
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. student data
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages/information systems
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, students and others
We can offer:
- A supportive and caring environment in which to work with staff who have high expectations of themselves and our children
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
- A team of helpful, hardworking and enthusiastic professionals
- A strong and ambitious leadership team with a clear sense of strategic direction
Applicants should note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.