Guildford Council is now seeking an experienced ERP system administrator with a focus on the finance elements of UNIT4 ERP (previously known as Business World and Agresso).
Your experience of designing, developing, managing change, and providing expert guidance to finance business users will be critical to building on the existing implementation of UNIT4 ERP at the Council.
Your understanding of UNIT4 ERP configuration, ETL processes, SQL, system integration, and automation will be essential in developing our ERP platform as a modern replacement for legacy systems and processes.
The role of ERP system administration will include system administration for non-finance areas of the ERP solution including HR, Payroll, Timesheets, and Expenses.
Reporting to the ICT Data & Applications team leader you will join the wider ICT Service and work as part of a dynamic team with the autonomy to succeed in a lively, friendly environment.
The role has 26 days annual leave. In addition, membership of the LGPS pension scheme and a full staff benefits programme. Guildford Council operate a family friendly, flexible working policy and are proud to be a diverse organisation. The Council are committed to investing in their people and supporting every individual to achieve their full potential.
Please view the attached “Job Profile” document where the roles “Specialist – ICT Applications” and “Specialist L1” apply to this position.
Key accountabilities of the role as a Finance focused ICT Applications Specialist are:
- Finance application support, including: Triage of operational system issues, solution design, testing, and implementation.
- Finance change management control including application support for system upgrades.
- Interface development and maintenance of ERP with other systems.
- Data integrity control and pro-active data management.
- Finance report writing and maintenance to support Finance Specialist Team (Finance Subject Matter Experts) and Case Services Team (First line support for user requests and incidents).
- 3rd line customer support using a Service Desk ticketing system.
- Backup support for HR, Payroll, Timesheets, and Expenses application and data functionality.
- Management of role-based system access controls.
- Ensure data integrity and consistency in data standards across the ERP platform, including adherence to the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Finance Configuration management and documentation.
- Contribution to future projects which impact the ERP solution i.e. process, interface & application.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships between ICT, Finance, HR, Payroll, and other service areas.
- Provide the appropriate identified user training, comprehensive user notes and technical support for staff to enable the effective use of the ERP system and an understanding of system security as required.
- Desirable: Qualification in Finance Accountancy
- Desirable: ITIL Foundation
Experience & Knowledge
- Essential: System administration of Finance elements of SaaS hosted UNIT4 ERP Milestone 6 (a.k.a Business World, Agresso) or above.
- Desirable: Development of UNIT4 ERP Planner and Excelerator.
- Desirable: System administration of HR, Payroll, Timesheets, and Expenses elements of UNIT4 ERP.
- Desirable: Integration of UNIT4 ERP with back office systems and data via API configuration.
- Desirable: Accounting experience.
- Essential: Able to work effectively in teams including with customers and work across functions at all levels to achieve desired outcomes.
- Essential: Ability to analyse business problems and articulate potential solutions in a structured, logical and non-technical manner.
- Essential: Excellent written and oral skills.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.