"I came so that you may have life, life in all its fullness” John 10:10
St. Michael’s RC Primary School has a vacancy for an EYFS Practitioner for September 2021. The prospective candidate will have the responsibility for the nursery unit in our school. The nursery has capacity for 52 places with children attending mornings or afternoons in two intakes across the year from the age of 3 years old. We would like to appoint a prospective Nursery Teacher who can engage well with young children, parents, and create a structured but positive learning space where children are safe, and where learning is inclusive and fascinating. We need a nursery teacher who is motivated and proactive within an inclusive setting willing to be a full member of the whole school team.
St Michaels maintained its “Good” status from its recent ofsted inspection
“Children get off to a flying start in the early years. Staff form strong relationships with the children and care for them well. Children settle quickly and happily into school routines. Teachers provide children with many interesting activities which engage the children and promote their learning” Ofsted November 2019
The successful candidate will be:
- a fully qualified teacher
- knowledgeable and fully familiar with the Early Years curriculum.
- be creative, inspiring, have a “ can do” attitude providing each child with excellent learning opportunities and great memories on their first leg of their learning journey
- a teacher who is, or aspires to be, an outstanding practitioner.
- have sympathy for our Christian values
- a lovely school community of which our nursery is an integral part.
- a great Early Years team of teachers and support staff who are very experienced in Early Years and are approachable and friendly
- enthusiastic pupils and supportive parents.
- a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- the opportunity to be part of a team who are committed to transformational change.
St Michael’s provides pupils with a rich range of learning across a broad range of subjects, having received the Primary Science Quality Mark and Silver Arts Mark. We have a fully functioning forest school with a level 3 qualified Forest School practitioner specifically employed to support our children in the outdoor classroom. We are a friendly hard working team with wellbeing and care for our whole school community being at our core. We have recently received the Nourish the Workplace award for the support we give our staff and school team.
The post is available on a full tim permanent contract and the role is suitable for NQT’s and /or experienced teachers alike.
If you want to be part of this vibrant and happy team, please contact our Business Manager Kim Cleall-Harding on 01634 832578 to arrange a visit, or to have an informal chat with the Head teacher, Katharine Sexton.
Visits to St Michael’s are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. We will be delighted to show you around our school and discuss the post further.
*Please note that for a school in the Diocese of Southwark you must complete a CES form which is available from our school office or can be sent in electronic form.
St Michael’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Appointment to this position will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau Disclosure Check.
Pay Spine – MPS / UP.
Applications Close: Friday 23rd April 2021 @ 4pm
Start Date: 1st September 2021