Job Title: Customer Delivery Officer, Housing Benefits L4
Permanent: 37 Hours per week £29,577 to £32,910
Grade/ Salary; Grade 7
About the role
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day.
We are looking for someone who is proactive and service focused with at least 2 years experienced in Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction to join our busy Customer Delivery Team within Housing Benefit. The day to day role includes assessing Housing Benefit and Council Reduction Claims with some addition team lead responsibilities.
About You: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of Housing Benefit legislation.
- The ability to assess Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction claims.
- A commitment to embracing change
- The ability to listen and extract and assess important information
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve
- A can do attitude; trustworthy and dependable
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience
- Working with colleagues in a polite and respectful manner
So, if you are a customer focused professional, with excellent communication and IT skills, who has at least 2 years housing benefit and council tax reduction experience, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone with experience in this role.
For more information about the role please contact; Clare Mundzar via email email@example.com
Closing Date: 14th May 2021.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.