Full Time - Permanent
Lead Practitioner Scale L8-L10 (£58,418- £60,999 per annum)
The Governing Body is looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this new and exciting leadership position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational leader who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The position will include:
- The co-ordination and management of the EHCP review
- Management and leadership of staff associated with the EHCP review
- Ensuring EHCP legislation requirements are met (e.g. timeframes).
- Relevant EHCP staff training (e.g. devising robust outcomes).
- Staff training to ensure EHCP outcomes are met and pupils make above expected
- Providing support and guidance to
- The leadership of an additional named area of
- Teaching timetable in a named subject area, approximately 66.
Please see the job description for full details.
What we are seeking from our candidate:
- An exceptional existing middle leader seeking
- A talented and influential leader, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who can inspire and coach colleagues towards best practice and create innovative approaches to teaching and learning/the management of EHCPs to meet the changing needs of our
- An effective manager and decision maker who will shape and challenge the school’s EHCP review process, and has the emotional intelligence and good humour to take others with them.
- Someone who demonstrates a high level of
- Someone with a passion to develop and support colleagues to consistently outstanding
Please see personal specification for full details.
Position to start September 2021 or sooner if available.
Application closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021 - 9:00am
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
1st Stage (Lesson Observation – On Site): Wednesday 28th April 2021
2nd Stage (Interview – Remote or On Site): Thursday 29th April 2021
Under normal circumstances we would encourage you to visit the school. This may be possible to arrange as restrictions begin to lift, or visits can be arranged virtually.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.