About the School
St William of York is a Catholic Primary School and Nursery which is proud to serve our local community. We welcome children of all backgrounds and are very proud of our diverse and multicultural identity. We work together closely with our children's families to achieve the best for each child. St William of York is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and safer recruitment checks.
About the Role
Our governors are looking to appoint a person for September 2021 to lead PE throughout the school and develop/deliver an extensive extra-curricular programme.
The job description will involve the following:
- To teach key stage 1 and key stage 2 Physical Education to the highest possible standard, as agreed with the Head teacher, within the framework of the National Curriculum and whole school policies and requirements.
- To ensure that the quality of teaching and learning in lessons is of the highest possible quality.
- To identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for the Key Stages 1 and 2 and keep abreast of contemporary educational issues.
- To maintain good classroom discipline.
- To ensure high quality classroom management.
- To maintain appropriate assessment records, data collection and monitoring information. Including reporting to parents in the annual end of year report.
- To participate in subject planning, development of appropriate syllabuses, resources and schemes of work.
- To support and mentor school staff in the delivery of high quality PE and school sport.
- To help plan and deliver a varied and interesting programme of physical and sporting activities, including intra and inter school competition, sports leadership training and deployment of healthy lifestyle programmes.
- To maintain current knowledge of National Curriculum PE, governing body and other relevant agencies’ programmes, policies, guidance and advice.
Additional information is included in the full person specification
The person should be educated to Degree level, have previous experience of working in a school and have a secure knowledge of the Primary PE Curriculum