Headteacher - Gorsewood Primary School, Runcorn
Full time 32.5 hours per week, Permanent
£50,151 - £68,347 per annum Group 2 (L8–21), point negotiable
Directorate: Education Inclusion & Provision
This post is open to internal and external candidates
Required from 1st September 2021
Due to the retirement of our inspiring and dedicated Headteacher, the Governors are looking to appoint a caring leader with a strong vision of how the school will progress.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who:
- Is passionate about education and equality of opportunity for all
- Demonstrates a leadership style which encourages and empowers others and celebrates success
- Is committed to developing and maintaining high standards of teaching and learning to enable all pupils to reach their full potential
- Is approachable and a skilled communicator with the capacity to manage relationships at all levels.
- Continually seeks innovative ways with the staff team to collaboratively develop a broad, balanced, exciting and relevant curriculum for all pupils in order to promote lifelong learning
- Fully understands and can manage the challenges that working in an area of high and multiple deprivation brings
- Has a strong commitment and relevant experience to enhance the existing long established family ethos of our highly successful school
- Will build upon the school’s existing expertise and knowledge of children’s emotional health and wellbeing
- Will manage the effects and impact upon staff, pupils and their families arising out of the current pandemic
This is an amazing opportunity to join a dedicated, committed staff team and lead our inclusive school, graded good by Ofsted into an exciting future. We offer a warm, welcoming, nurturing, and happy family environment in which our pupils thrive. We work closely with our community to ensure the most advantageous outcomes for all of our pupils and their families.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To inspire our children to realise their full potential
- To lead and develop outstanding teaching and learning
- To ensure our children continue to benefit in a safe, happy and supportive environment
- To demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm to develop extra-curricular, community and parent links
- To move the school from an Ofsted judgement of good to outstanding
WE CAN OFFER:
- A welcome and inclusive learning environment
- Confident, inquisitive and friendly children
- A dedicated staff team who deliver enriching experiences with a creative curriculum
- An engaged and supportive Governing Body committed to continual professional development. Which underpins successful school development and pupil progress.
Potential applicants are welcome to visit prior to application.
COVID-19 measures MUST be followed.
Visits week beginning 29th March 2021
Please contact our School Office Manager Sarah Jackson on: 01928 712100 to arrange an appointment
Closing date for Application Forms: Monday 19th April 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 27th April 2021
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at:
The Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.