CURRICULUM LEADER – ENGLISH
Dates: Apply by Monday 19 April 2021 – Job Start Date: 1st September 2021
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR1 (M) - £10,859.00 p.a.
Location: Cheshire West and Chester
Contract type: Full Time Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Curriculum Leader of English to lead our very successful English team in this high-achieving and inclusive 11-18 academy school with approx. 1200 students on roll
Rated as Outstanding by Ofsted:
- ‘The ethos and culture of the school develop both students and staff equally well and create an enthusiasm for learning.’
- ‘The sixth form is outstanding. It is highly successful in helping students to move on to higher education, training or employment.’
- ‘Leaders at all levels, managers and governors are relentless in their drive to bring about further improvement, particularly to the quality of teaching and students’ achievement.’
- Be an inspirational teacher of English with a track record of ensuring excellent results throughout the age and ability range
- Be highly organised, and passionate about ensuring excellence for all in teaching, learning and achievement
- Be aspirational about your own professional development and that of others
- Have excellent communication and motivational skills
- Be able to lead and develop high performing teams
- Be committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all our young people
The successful candidate will play a decisive role in the team which moves this outstanding school into its next phase of development.
We can offer you:
- A key leadership role in an excellent school that is continually seeking to improve
- Support and challenge from a high performing leadership team
- Responsibility to lead and develop your team and to drive forward whole school initiatives
- The scope to be creative and innovative in developing approaches to teaching, learning and the curriculum
You will find a school and sixth form that build strong partnerships between staff, students, parents and the wider community. We have a talented hardworking staff, united in their belief that only the best is good enough for our young people. If you are approachable, able to inspire, challenge and develop colleagues, and want to share your vision, passion and energy through leading in this key role, then this may be the job for you!
Application forms and further details: Available to download from www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021 Interview date: w/c 26 April 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Safeguarding Policies available at: http://www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk/Policies