La Salette Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher: Mr. A.S Wilson
School Office Assistant
Hours: 12.5 hours x 38 weeks
Salary: Scale 3, points 5-6. Pro Rata Salary of £6,441 - £6,558 p.a. (FTE £22,185 - £22,587 p.a)
Contract: Temporary 1 year contract, however this may be extended.
Start Date: As soon as possible
La Salette Catholic Primary School are recruiting for a School Assistant position as part of our established office team for two days each week, working 8.45am – 2.45pm.
Under the instruction/guidance of senior office staff, provide routine administrative/financial support to the school
Duties will include:
- Organisation – undertake reception duties, assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, assist in arrangements for school trips & events
- Administration – provide routine administrative support
- Resources – maintain stocks and supplies
- To undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- To assist with pupil first aid and welfare, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents, staff etc.
- Assist with arrangements for school trips events etc.
- Provide routine clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, scanning, complete standard forms, and respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/ management information systems.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other ICT based tasks.
- Take notes at meetings
- Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other use of school premises.
- Maintain stocks and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required.
- Undertake general financial administration e.g processing orders/invoices
- Professional and polite personality.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- First Aid Training (desirable)
- General clerical/administrative/financial experience
- SIMS/FMS experience (desirable, although training will be given)
- Be aware of and comply with all school policies and procedures relating to safe guarding, health, safety and security, behaviour & anti-bullying, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Adheres to administrative and financial policy and procedural requirements
- Able to use IT to support school systems
- Competency in using Excel/Word and Microsoft Office
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 22nd April 2021
Interviews: 26th April 2021
Therefore, if you have not received an invitation to interview, your application will have been unsuccessful. It is not possible to contact each individual applicant.