Public Health Specialist (Children and Young People)
Salary MM2 (£48,078 - £61,497)
Enfield Council is seeking an enthusiastic Public Health Specialist for Children and Young People and Families, to join our Public Health team. The post holder will lead the development and implementation of strategies and action plans to improve the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families living in Enfield.
Enfield Public Health team is a strong team with a wide portfolio leading on improving Enfield residents’ health and wellbeing by working collaboratively across all council departments and functions and with partners.
The post holder will be able to work independently without the need for substantial supervision. They must demonstrate a strong awareness of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health. Additionally, they will have the ability to critically appraise evidence from a range of sources; make recommendations and take actions to implement, based on a sound and thorough understanding and analysis of the evidence base, information and data.
The post holder will be educated to Degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent relevant experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience. The post holder will hold or commit to working towards achievement of UKPHR Practitioner Registration.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Friday 16th April 2021
Interview date(s): TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.