Trust HR Manager
Salary: PO4, points 35-38
£40,869 to £43,860 36 hours per week x 52.14 weeks per year or
£37,624 to £40,378 36 hours per week x 48 weeks per year
We are seeking a confident and experienced professional to oversee, develop and lead the Human Resources provision at Chingford Academies Trust – a two school multi academy trust.
Chingford Academies Trust has an excellent reputation within the local community with strong support from Trustees, Governors, Parents, Students, and a dedicated and highly motivated team of staff.
As a Trust HR Manager, you will be responsible for developing, leading and delivery of the HR strategy for the Trust. You will be proactively developing the new HR database (iTrent), sourcing staff using a wide range of tactics, case manage complex employee relations including disciplinary, support payroll functionality and, promote a wide range of wellbeing projects, in addition to developing and maintaining consistency in practice across the Trust.
This is a busy and varied role, where no two days are the same. Working with the HR Assistant and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful applicant will provide first line advice to staff and guidance to our senior leadership team within the Trust schools ensuring our policies and practice are up to date and compliant.
You will need to have:
- At least five years’ experience of working within a HR management role and proven recruitment experience, ideally gained within the educational sector
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, thorough and diligent in getting the job done
- Ability to analyse, and competency to manipulate and present data
- Ability to effectively plan and organise time and priorities, unflappable under pressure
- Initiative, able to challenge positively and make a genuine impact
- A CIPD Level 5 qualification minimum with proven HR track record
In return we offer:
- An exciting, inspiring place to work with an interesting, varied workload
- A committed, supportive, and knowledgeable staff team
- Excellent pension scheme, and wellbeing initiatives
If you are looking for a new opportunity in a school environment, then this may be the job for you.
The hours for this post is 36 hours per week, 48 weeks per year. A 48-week contract means you will be required to work outside of term time. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 4:45 pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. There will be occasions where the post holder will be required to work evenings and attend Committee meetings and time off in lieu can be taken. We are hoping for successful candidate to start in mid-April.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal record check.
Full job description, person specification and application form are available on the School’s website https://www.chingfordfoundation.org under current vacancies. Please note that that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 4pm on 16th April 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 19th April 2021
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com