Salary: £12,287 to £13,836 Per Year
Term-time only, Part-time: 25 hours per week, 5 hours per day, Monday to Friday
Permanent Contract (6 months probationary period)
We are looking to appoint an ELSA/Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated staff team.
The post holder will be required to work independently with groups of challenging pupils and to support the class teacher to contribute towards the design, evaluation and modification of work programmes as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is competent at using and learning a variety of technology
- is willing to complete further training
- has experience and training working with challenging children (this is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate.)
- will be a good communicator
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- is able to adapt and respond to the developing needs of a child and can work well within a team
We can offer:
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for all of our children’s education
- high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- experienced, committed and supportive colleagues
To obtain an application pack email email@example.com or call 0118 901 5505. Please visit the school website for more details: www.moorlandsps.org.uk
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Unfortunately due to Covid 19, visits to our school are not possible at the moment, but if you would like to arrange an informal chat with the Head of School please call Vanessa Bennett on 0118 9375505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conferencing.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed