Never more has then been a better time to join Surrey Fire and Rescue Service and be a part of the team that supports the delivery of a challenging program of change.
We are looking for a talented individual to focus on working within our Community Protection Group focusing on managing projects and delivering transformational change.
This role will sit within the Community Protection Group Transformation Programme, and supporting the delivery of a variety of projects.
To be considered for this position you will have proven knowledge or experience in the following:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners
- All aspects of project management and delivery with the ability to manage projects through to completion
- Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills and ability to facilitate discussion
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of principles, practices, policies and procedures relating to business planning, financial and organisational management
- Project management software knowledge and experience is desirable
In addition to the above you will be:
- Degree qualified or have significant vocational experience demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively more demanding work roles
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service has the responsibility of protecting over one million people who live in the 650 square miles of Surrey. The Service employs just under 700 people across the County in a variety of roles. Comprising both uniformed personnel and support staff; they all share one vision: With you, making Surrey safer. We do this by:
Serving the needs of our community.
Flexibly responding to a constantly changing environment.
Recognising and embedding diversity in everything we do
Solving challenges through intelligence driven collaboration, innovation and improvement.
Do you see yourself influencing the future direction of the service in the Transformation Hub at Surrey Fire and Rescue Service for a period of 12 months?
Do you possess the following skills:
- Ability to influence and build trust with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong engagement skills
- Sound understanding of the benefits of what is understood and recognised to be good planning
- Proven track record of Project Management and a solid understanding on how this can support the delivery of change.
Please note, this is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
For an informal discussion contact Bernie Beckett by e-mail at Bernie.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15th April 2021 with interviews taking place on 27 & 30 April 2021.
*Please be aware that subject to the on-going Covid19 situation and in-line with Government guidance, interviewing may take place using a virtual platform.
From flexible working where possible, we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role and you will benefit from 26 days annual leave. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.