Permanent Full-time x1 , 1 Part time ( 21 Hours)
Salary: SO1 £30, 585 – £31, 557
We are looking for enthusiastic committee administrators to join our team, to provide comprehensive administrative support and constitutional advice, to members and officers on the council’s decision-making processes ensuring high standards of service and governance are upheld.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic with a positive approach, able to work on your own initiative, plan ahead, manage and organise workloads to meet strict deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail. Ideally with experience and understanding of working in a political environment, you will have strong all-round communication and interpersonal skills, and be proficient in use of IT, particularly in the use of Mod gov.
The Council’s meetings are held in the evening therefore, a flexible approach and regular attendance at evening meetings is a requirement of this post.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 23rd April 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Johnson or Clare Bryant on 0208 132 3159 on 020 8132 1154 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.