Project Support Officer (PMO)
Fixed Term – 12 months
Full time 37 hours
RG6 – (scp 28-31)
£32,234 - £34,728
Our new PMO is striving to be a Centre of Excellence, working with the wider business to design, deliver and embed high quality, change initiatives that align with Reading’s strategic goals and vision.
The PMO Hub is an enabler to support the organisation in delivering transformation and change projects, as well as having a core team of change resource (Programme & Project Managers, Business Analysts & Project Officers) that the organisation can request for delivery of specific projects as part of a managed pipeline of activity.
About the role
The Project Officer role will primarily provide support around project planning and co-ordination for the Council’s ambitious transformation and savings strategy. You will produce project plans, support service improvement activity and monitor performance and reporting against a portfolio of projects.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Relevant experience of strategic planning and implementation, including production of reports, briefings targeted at senior managers, councillors and government bodies
- Experience of business process reviews, use of data gathering techniques and analysing service and performance metrics
- Experience of process, organisational, technological and business change, as well as coordination of multiple projects and collation of performance metrics.
- Experience of managing multiple small to medium sized projects and business case development from conception to completion. Including Client /Contractor working, coordination and liaison with colleagues and external agencies
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.johnson@Reading.gov.uk
Closing Date: 18th April
Interview Date: w/c 19th April
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.