Job Title: Programme Manager, Air Quality
Salary Range: £43,857 pa progressing to £46,845 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: 2 Year Fixed Term/Secondment
Hertfordshire has over one million residents and as well as large rural areas, has over a dozen medium sized towns all in close proximity to London. It also has a heavy reliance on personal motor vehicles and at many locations across the County is faced with risk of road congestion.
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) has responsibility through the Local Transport Plan, to work with local authorities in producing Air Quality Management Area Action Plans. Furthermore, HCC through its Public Health remit is responsible for working with local authorities to reduce public exposure to elevated concentrations of air pollutants, particularly PM2.5. HCC published its Air Quality Strategy and Implementation Plan in April 2019.
We also have a clear ambition for the County to be a sustainable place to live, with communities resilient to climate change and this role will play a key role in achieving this.
- Lead the County Council’s delivery of the Air Quality Strategy and Implementation Plan
- Have oversight of all air quality related work across the County Council
- Be the first point of contact on air quality matters
- Improve population health outcomes
- Tackle air pollution across the County
- Work collaboratively across HCC departments, District and Borough Partners and wider NHS Stakeholders
- Degree or equivalent qualification, ideally a Masters in Air Pollution Management, Public Health or Environmental Science
- Demonstrable equivalent working experience of air quality management or environmental public health
- Experience of working with a range of partners and a commitment to working collaboratively
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels and a professional approachable manner
- Strong communication skills
Please ensure your application includes a supporting statement which addresses how you meet the requirements of the role. Any applications without a supporting statement will be rejected.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Julie Greaves or Bethan Clemence via email on email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 25 April 2021
Interview date: w.c. 10 May 2021