Are you looking for a new direction or a purpose in life? We are looking for an experienced Compliance Surveyor who can lead on Property related compliance obligations in relation to the Councils’ corporate and commercial property assets. The Compliance Surveyor is a specialist advisor role and will form an intrinsic part within our Property Services Team. This is a great opportunity to broaden your skillset and be involved in the operational maintenance of wide range of corporate and heritage buildings.
We welcome applications from individuals who are…
- Qualified to HNC/HND standard in a construction or building services related discipline.
- Knowledgeable of wider regulatory and statutory requirements of property operations including gas safety, electrical, water hygiene and asbestos management regulations etc.
- Have strong contract and project management skills
- Able to build collaborative working relationships with stakeholders
- Self-disciplined and flexible to meet operational demands
- Have strong IT skills including Excel, Outlook and databases
- You may also have experience in areas such as: Building Services; Mechanical and Electrical Services.
About the role…
The Compliance Surveyor will work with the Senior Building Surveyor to ensure that a robust performance management system is implemented. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Prepare appropriate risk assessments, programmes of work and cyclical servicing contracts for all systems of operation.
- Develop and produce regular assurance reports for senior managers
- To manage compliance related risks within the strategic risk register
- Oversee the Councils’ asbestos management plan and advise on procedures
At Rutland no two days are ever the same, and we have a strong community focus across the organisation. The Compliance Surveyor is part of a small motivated team of property professionals who endeavor to deliver a quality service. They have a commitment to developing and supporting colleagues through cascade training and CPD activities together with the sharing of experience and skills.
The cost of membership fees to one relevant professional body is paid for by us.
Our offer to you…
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
We act as ‘One Council’ in all we do, with each of us working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of our customers every day – if you share this ethos then we really want to hear from you…
What to do now… To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact: Diane Grattage, Senior Building Surveyor on email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.