Youth Support Worker
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Hemel Hempstead we provide high-quality care and support to semi-independent, looked after children aged 16 and 17.
We are looking for a new Support Worker to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
The role is part time working four hours a day, five days week (20 hours per week). You may be required to work the occasional weekend.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a Level 3 qualification in health and social care if you don`t already have one.
About the role
You`ll be empowering young people to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and local authority partners. You`ll use a positive approach to support them to develop independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting so they can move into their own accommodation when they turn 18. You will also enable them to access educational opportunities and healthcare services. It will be a challenging but rewarding role where you can really be the difference to a vulnerable young persons` life.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working as well as sleep-ins.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292300or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £11,784 pa for a 20hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.