Deputy Team Manager
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Homelessness and Prevention team as a Deputy Team Manager
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, flexible, and committed individual to deputise an exceptional 8-bed, 24-hour complex needs young parents’ scheme in Camden. You will manage the implementation and monitoring of support plans, risk assessments, customer reviews and parenting assessments.
- Location: Lithos Road, Camden
- Salary: £27,000 per annum
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Shifts: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 but flexibility will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in supervising a mixed staff team of 14 and ensure the delivery of a high-quality service to complex needs young parents in Camden.
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training, and development opportunities.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring, and taking action to address any performance issues.
- Ensure staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision including health and safety.
- Liaise effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure referrals and assessment issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Ensure contract compliance, monitoring and service satisfaction
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
- Have relevant experience of working with young people and parents/families.
- Be adept at report writing for child focused meetings and professionals’ meetings
- Have experience in liaising with the professional network, including close liaison with Social Services, Youth Offending Team (YOT), family courts, and safeguarding teams.
- Have a good understanding of parenting assessments as well as early years foundation.
- Have experience and understanding of child development
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Knowledge of resettlement and housing issues for people with support needs including welfare benefits
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £27,000per annum
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone!