Salary: £20,092 - £20,493
Working Pattern: Full-time, 6 months' fixed term contract
As part of an additional need to provide support to children in West Sussex, we're recruiting for several Family Support Assistants to based at one of our Family Time Contact Centres in Crawley.
The Family Time Contact Service arrange and deliver supervised contact where Children's Social Care are required to supervise a child's contact with a parent or family members with whom they are not resident. As a Family Support Assistant, you'll provide and co-ordinate a warm, supportive and positive experience for children. You'll work alongside our social work colleagues and strive to meet the required expectations and provide good evidence up which Social Workers and the courts make their decisions regarding the permanency of children.
As the needs of families do not always fit into traditional working hours, and in order to deliver the best outcomes for children and families, it is expected that the Family Support Assistant will be flexible regarding the hours they work primarily looking at a 10am to 6pm workday with some weekend working.
Experience and Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to attend and contribute to planning meetings.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to provide a professional service to meet customer's needs, responding sensitively and flexibly, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately, both verbally and in written/electronic form, and organising and prioritising your work in a clear and logical way to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly across the county, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work professionally, to reflect on your own practice and learn from experience, taking responsibility for you own performance and being proactive in relation to your own work and professional development.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ level 3 in childcare, play work, family support or related area and/or relevant experience working with parents, carers and children.
- A valid full driving license is preferable.
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Experience of working within family support, early years family centre or child health sector.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. As well as a generous pension scheme, you'll be entitled to 24 days annual leave with the option to buy up to 3 additional days. For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, please visit our website.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03059.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check. You must be able to travel throughout the county including to locations that are not always accessible by public transport.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please visit our website.