As a Sport Development Officer, you will support our aim that every resident in the borough has the opportunity to take part in physical activty and that the all sections of the community are aware of our services.
Working within a strong and supportive team, your job responsibilities will include:
- organising, developing and delivering a varied range of sporting activities, projects or programmes
- finding funding and managing budgets
- producing promotional material and displays
- keeping statistical and financial records
- planning, including writing development and marketing plans
- liaising and working with relevant organisations or agencies including youth services, schools, clubs, sports coaches and sports councils
- organising and undertaking market research
- monitoring and assessing progress
- finding and training coaches, volunteers and staff
Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle required.
All necessary training will be provided.
Closing date: 2nd May 2021
Interview Date: 12th May (subject to change)
For an informal discussion, please contact Anna Wijkman on 07769 958 453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure and Barris Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.