Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our FM business delivers Facilities Management to homes, public and private sector bodies including Registered Providers, schools, universities and blue light statutory authorities. We pride ourselves on placing people at the centre of what we do, while maintaining our values of high quality and excellent customer care.
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) reports to the Contract Director and adds value to the contract by proactive involvement in applications and valuations, cost management, procurement and financial reporting. The QS drives best value from suppliers and subcontractors, carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and services and forecasts final outturn values for cost, income and margin. Maximises value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of monthly and final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors. The QS is central to the decision-making process throughout the term of the contract. They are the key link with the Group’s finance team.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final income and costs.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Prepare, validate and submit monthly valuations to client in line with timetable, ensuring all valuations are allocated to the appropriate contract schedule.
- Ensure monthly Payment Certificate is applied for and received in line with timetable
- Value completed work, oversee invoicing and arrange payments
- Provide all relevant monthly financial information to Group Management Accounts, including accruals.
- Complete monthly financial overview report (COG report)
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters, including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and be responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account
- Support and advise client on a procurement strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Provide advice on contractual claims and disputes
- Understand and mitigate against the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure..
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commercially astute, numerate and able to accurately forecast income and costs.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft suite and Housing System including Open Housing as well as contractor systems eg Keystone
- Comprehensive knowledge and issue of NHF Schedule of Rates (v6.1)
- Demonstrable experience in housing services contracts.
Education and Formal Training
- B.Sc (QS) university degree or equivalent QS qualification
- Minimum 2 years quantity surveying experience, preferably within the housing sector
Pinnacle Recruitment (Services) strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.