Family Connectors x 2 posts for a fixed term period until 31st March 2022
Full Time: 36 hours per week
We are looking for two Family Connectors to join us, who can add value to our team and can work individually or as part of a team?
Community Adolescent Service (CAS) is primarily an ‘edge of care service’ aimed at working with children, young people and their families aged 0-18 years to prevent them from becoming ‘Looked After.
The team support Social Care Teams and work with families/children who are on Child in Need, Complex Child in Need and Child Protection Plans. We also work with families or Children who are Looked After with the view of supporting the family and for the child to remain or return home via support within their plan.
The team work across the Sefton borough using agile working arrangements and have a main base at Melrose House in Waterloo.
- The Family Connector role is aimed at supporting children and young people to re-connect with family and friends to develop a support network and independence as they approach adulthood.
- You will be required to support social workers with the completion of Risk Assessments to enable children to have safe contact with their family/friends
- You will be required to work closely with Children’s Social Care Social Work Teams to provide effective ongoing support to children/families who are Looked After by the Local Authority to safely re-connect them with their family, with the aim of developing a support network appropriate for adulthood.
- The aim of this support will be to promote a safe relationship with family and friends with the aim of increasing the support network while looked after but fundamentally as they reach adulthood.
- Family Connectors will support family to develop safe contact arrangements including the completion of direct one to one support to reduce risks were necessary.
- upon the completion of support appropriate risk assessment will be undertaken to consider if it is appropriate for contact to develop.
- Contribute to assessment, care planning, conferences and reviews. Thus, ensuring a child centred focus and empowering children, young people and their families
The post includes weekend working to ensure families are supported fully.