Brighter Futures for Children
15 month Apprenticeship
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
You will work within the Performance and Data Intelligence Team who are responsible for providing data across the company to inform the improvement journey. The team is also responsible for collating and submitting data for the company’s statutory returns. You will get a wide range of experience working across all services within the company.
As an Apprentice Data Analyst, you will be integral to providing business insight and data solutions. You will be focussed on:
- Interpreting data
- Identifying and migrating data
- Statistical analysis and other analytical techniques
- Tools and techniques for data visualisation
- Making recommendations and optimising processes
- An interest and passion for data and analysis
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and other reporting tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work with others in a team and to ask for help when needed
- Ability to problem solve using logical thinking
- The ability to troubleshoot issues
- 7 GCSEs grades A*- C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and at least a B/6 in Maths)
- 3 A levels, to include at least 1 in Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Economics /Econometrics
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
For an informal discussion contact Siobhan Egan@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
Closing date: 25/04/2021
Interview date: 29/04/2021