We manage over 150 amazing open spaces in Bracknell Forest. Start a new chapter in your career in conservation and help us to continue our exceptional work.
We want Bracknell Forest to be a clean and green place to live. Our team are responsible for keeping the Borough’s parks and open spaces as fantastic places for people and wildlife. You will support the Parks and Countryside team to do this, gain valuable experience and see results you can be proud of.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a highly driven and enthusiastic team that works together to achieve the best results. We are entrepreneurial and flexible with a great passion for making our award-winning green spaces in the best condition possible
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Ensure that sites and/or PRoW are managed for biodiversity as well as being safe for public use.
- Arrange, supervise and monitor contractors in accordance with Council procurement procedures. Ensure all relevant consents are obtained prior to site works commencing.
- Develop, implement and review management plans and work programmes; ensuring all sites and/or PRoW are well maintained in accordance with good practice for recreation, landscape and biodiversity.
- Undertake small scale maintenance tasks; including providing a rapid response to site, play area and PRoW issues.
- Provide opportunities for community involvement, including promoting and supervising participation by residents, volunteers and local groups. Ensure close links to ’Take Pride’ and other relevant local and national volunteering initiatives.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for someone with:
- A diploma or higher in parks/countryside management related subject; or working experience in the management of countryside sites and parks.
- Supervision of grounds maintenance operatives and contractors.
- The ability to carry out a variety of estate maintenance tasks e.g. erecting gates and stiles, fencing, strimming and mowing.
- A desire to work as a member of a team.
- A positive, enthusiastic approach to managing parks and open spaces.
Interviews will be held on 19th May 2021
Want to ask us a question?
Name: Alan Wilson
Job Title: Senior Ranger
Phone Number: 01344 354441
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.