We are looking to recruit a new Caretaker who will also have some premises management responsibilities. Experience preferred but not essential.
This is a permanent position – 42 weeks per year. The hours of working are 32.5 per week – split into two shifts that include the opening and closing of the school.
The ideal candidate should
- be highly motivated
- have a flexible approach
- be capable of working under pressure and also on their own initiative as required
- have excellent DIY skills and a practical aptitude for general building and grounds maintenance
- have a knowledge and understanding of health and safety and be prepared to undertake relevant training
- be a good team player
- enjoy working in a school environment
- Duties will include site security and health and safety of the premises and grounds, some cleaning and some decorating, minor repairs and maintenance and some lifting and furniture moving.
There may be over-time hours to cover any activities the school has outside of the working hours for the post.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28 May 2021 at 12.00 pm.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 10 June.
Start date : To be agreed.
This school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an enhanced DBS and satisfactory references.