Community Rail Line Officer
Reading to Ashford (Middlesex) including Windsor & Eton - “The Royal Line”.
Full Time: 35 hours per week
This exciting opportunity is offered for a self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal skills, to help further connect the community with its railway.
You will work with existing stakeholders along the line to establish a Community Rail Partnership. You will be responsible for developing and delivering an activity plan to:
- be a voice for the local communities,
- promote sustainable and healthy travel,
- involve diverse groups, and
- support social / economic development.
- gain funding for projects,
- handle marketing and communications and support station adoption groups
- develop a Try a Train project, encouraging marginalised groups to travel by train.
The post holder will be home based balancing home working with meetings at/near stations. A duty pass for South Western Railway will be provided to allow travel on the network.
The post holder will work with the existing team of Line Officers with all aspects of developing, sustaining, and taking forward Community Rail Projects
Some evening and weekend work will be required. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Fiona Morton, Community Rail Development Manager on 07891 556897 or firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively view our website at www.southeastcrp.org
Interviews planned for 21st May in Reading