Required for September 1st 2021. A January 2022 start would be considered for the correct applicant.
The children, parents, staff and governors of Frodsham Weaver Vale Primary School are seeking to appoint a passionate and inspirational Headteacher who will lead our school through the next phase of its journey.
Frodsham Weaver Vale Primary School is ‘an exceptional school without exception.’ We are proud of our identity as a fully inclusive school. We are a popular, half-form entry, community school. We house a successful, seven place Resourced Provision for children who have an Educational Health Care Plan for autism. We also offer provision for children from 2 years of age within our popular school Nursery.
Governors recognise the wealth of opportunities, knowledge and skills that you will gain whilst leading our small school and have therefore adjusted the pay scale accordingly to attract the correct candidate. You will either be a current, serving headteacher looking for an exciting new challenge or a deputy looking for their first headteacher role or a leader in education returning to being school based.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will drive forward teaching and learning so all our children reach their full potential.
- Has a clear commitment to the development of the whole child, working to raise aspirations and facilitate social mobility.
- Is committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all children, with secure knowledge and understanding of safeguarding systems and processes.
- Is a strategic, creative thinker with outstanding leadership and management skills, incorporating excellent, innovative communication skills at all levels.
- Is a team player who acts to enthuse and involve the people around them, allowing them to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrates resilience when adapting to an ever-changing educational landscape.
- Is able to work collaboratively with all stakeholders, raising the promotion of the school within the local and wider community.
- Is able to drive forward school improvement in collaboration with all school leaders.
We can offer you:
- Friendly, happy, children who are keen to learn and who are proud of their school and their community.
- Passionate and dedicated, highly effective staff members who work as a collaborative team in securing the best outcomes for the children and their families.
- A positive, creative and supportive governing body who are actively involved in the life of the school.
- Close links within our local authority and other local schools within our cluster (Frodsham and Villages School Partnership).
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Mrs Sara Wakefield, School Bursar, on 01244 981115 to book onto one of the afternoon, scheduled, COVID safe, school tours - Tuesday 4th of May or Tuesday 11th of May at 3.45pm. If you are unable to attend one of these scheduled tours, we may be able to offer you another opportunity at a mutually convenient date.
- Closing date: Thursday 13th May 2021 - 12pm.
- Shortlisting: Monday 17th May.
- Interview and task day: Wednesday 26th May & Thursday 27th May.
How to apply:
Application forms and further details are attached and are to be returned to:
Edsential School Governance Team
Safer Recruitment and Equality Statement:
Frodsham Weaver Vale Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be bound by the school’s safeguarding children processes, undertake safeguarding training as necessary and all appointments are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barred List checks from the DBS. Applicants for the post will be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes.