- Employer: Hornchurch Academy Trust
- Reference: HAT/21/149581
- Published: Fri 30/04/2021, 12:00 PM
- Closing on: Fri 14/05/2021, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Main/Upper scale
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Whybridge Junior School, Havering
Hornchurch Academy Trust
Whybridge Junior School
Essex RM13 7AH
Tel: 01708 552870
Class Teacher (KS2)
Contract: Permanent/Full time
Start: September 21
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our successful, 3-form entry school, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted (October 2019).
We require an excellent teacher to join our expanding school, as we move from being a 2-form entry to a 3-form entry school.
What we are looking for:
You will have QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting. We welcome applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
You will have excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum. You will be dedicated to ensuring that the children you teach achieve their very best, be passionate about teaching and learning, have a positive outlook and good interpersonal skills. We want to employ teachers who have ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ practice, along with high expectations of themselves and the children.
We want to employ teachers who will be great team members and are keen to seek quality CPD, exciting opportunities to work alongside colleagues in other schools within the Multi-Academy Trust and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our vibrant school.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children, who come in to school ready and excited to learn, each morning.
- A highly professional and friendly staff team, who support each other and are passionate about providing the best outcomes for our pupils.
- Support from a network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust. Our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers from the other 4 schools within the Hornchurch Academy Trust.
- We can offer excellent CPD opportunities and mentoring support from an experienced and supportive team of staff, as well as through the Havering NQT programme.
- Our school offers lots of great teaching and breakout spaces, as well as a wealth of resources.
Information about the school
Whybridge Junior School is a three form entry Junior School, in the heart of the South Hornchurch community.
Whybridge Junior School has a long, successful history, converting to Academy status within the Hornchurch Academy Trust in September 2017. Since 2017, the school has continued to grow in success, recently reaching one of the top place positions in Havering for its Key Stage 2 results 2019 and being named in The Sunday Times: Good Schools Guide as #111 best school nationally. Whybridge Junior School is now an oversubscribed school, with a waiting list, as parents recognise the friendly and ambitious place of learning we provide.
We strongly advise that you visit us to get a better flavour for life at Whybridge and to meet our wonderful children and friendly team! Please telephone the school office on 01708 551712 to make an appointment.
Equal Opportunities We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. Hornchurch Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our schools, superseding any other considerations. Hornchurch Academy Trust complies with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2019) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability. Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Trust.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us – we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Friday 14 May 21
Interview date: Thursday 20 May 21