Repairs Support Officer
We are looking to for a Repairs Support Officer to join our Residential Services team here at Arun District Council.
If you are looking for a new challenge, then we would like to hear from you. You will need to demonstrate an ability to provide a customer support service for the Repairs and Maintenance department, you will be supporting reactive repairs and property voids, as well as support for planned and cyclical maintenance along with Health & Safety compliance, including Gas.
It is important to us that you can manage multiple demands and able to self-motivate, whilst retaining a resilient and flexible approach to your work and have a willingness to contribute positively to team-working and customer service. The work tasks will require persistence, whilst building a good rapport with key stakeholders and our customers and you will be contributing to ensuring that all repairs are completed to a good standard. Previous experience in Housing Repairs is preferable.
Working for us will bring fresh challenges and the opportunity to grow and develop. One thing we can guarantee is that you will gain job satisfaction being part of our team and working to the Arun Cares competency framework.
So, if you enjoy working in an environment where no two days are the same and you thrive working in a team that’s striving to improve our service and help look after our housing stock and our customers, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays - PLUS Flexi-Time
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simply Health Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Closing date: 25 May 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form,
please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application