Start Date: September 2021
Oliver Thomas Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Matthews Avenue, East Ham, London E6 6BU
Tel: 0208 552 1177
Oliver Thomas Nursery School and Children’s Centre has served a vibrant multilingual and multicultural community since 1976. We work closely with the other nursery schools across Newham and have begun a new partnership with Beckton and Royal Docks Children’s Centre.
Due to the retirement of our highly respected Co-Head Teacher, the Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader and teacher to drive the school forwards and build on the success of recent years.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who is:
- fully committed to the vision and ethos of our setting as a place to be “happy, challenged and unique”
- committed to promoting an inclusive ethos with a strong commitment to a rich curriculum experience to meet the needs of all of our pupils
- an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills who can engage, inspire and lead the staff and whole school community
- committed to further developing the curriculum at Oliver Thomas in line with the new Early Years Foundation Stage
dedicated to continuing a whole school approach to wellbeing, both mental and physical, embedded in the performance management, supervision and coaching structures to enable the team to support the wellbeing of children and families
Our nursery school and children’s centre can offer you:
- the opportunity to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- a passionate, supportive and dedicated staff
- a highly committed governing body
- a well-resourced provision with a remodelled outdoor environment
- an incredible range of community services
If you have all the above qualities and can help us continue to flourish, then we would welcome your application.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th May 2021, 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 24th May 2021
The school actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people. We are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.