About The Job
Salary: £25,991 - £28,672 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week
Contract Length: Fixed term, 12 months
Location: Chichester, County Hall
Interview Date: 02 and 03 June 2021
The One Public Estates (OPE) Programme at its heart is a programme that is about getting more from our collective public services assets - whether that's catalysing major service transformation such as health and social care integration and benefits reform, unlocking land for new homes and commercial space, or creating new opportunities to save on running costs or generate income. This is encompassed in three core objectives:
- creating economic growth (new homes and jobs)
- delivering more integrated, customer-focused services
- generating efficiencies, through capital receipts and reduced running costs
Key funding partners for all our work include the Local Enterprise Partnership; Homes and Communities Agency; developers; local authorities and the LGA.
In this role, as the post holder you will work closely with the Growth Programme delivery managers to continuously build relationships and collaborate with partner organisations (notably relevant District and Borough Councils) to drive the progress of OPE, Place Plan and District Growth Deal implementation. You will assist the team by providing day to day support and management of information, and will be involved with corporate and/or partnership projects using project management principles.
You will provide support to the Programme Managers in all project governance and documentation and will be responsible for maintaining and change control of project documents. As the role holder, you will plan and manage a number of small related projects, collect, co-ordinate and analyse management information, plan and assist in the development and staging of a variety of events, including meetings, seminars, briefings etc, and work to/within Corporate project frameworks.
Experience and Skills
- Advanced analytical skills in order to interpret and manipulate varied and complex project information in relation to services required by the client.
- Ability to organise, plan and meet set targets e.g. for provision of urgent reports required by customer, or to manage progress against plans to achieve successful outcomes.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of high-level clients/stakeholders and create and maintain effective working relationship and provide coaching to clients/colleagues on process or documentation.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and making sound pragmatic decisions.
- Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other web-based applications, for the integral use of word processing, analysis and research of data, creating electronic presentations.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in order to carry out financial analysis and reporting.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- HNC/HND in an appropriate area or equivalent practical experience/range of knowledge.
- Diploma Management Studies (DMS) or equivalent - Desirable
- Relevant knowledge of project management processes, procedures and policies associated with working within a demanding project management service.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a competent member of a project team, ideally in a project support role or equivalent. Also, of working in a rapidly changing environment and of working within project management systems/practices and providing effective support.
- Experience of project planning. Planning more than one project or project work stream. Desirable
- Experience of using MS Project - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
Aside from 26 days annual leave, you will also have access to a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is EIE00812.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Nick Burrell (Strategic Manager) at or Alessia Ciccia (Project Support Officer) at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to referencing and a health check.