Job title: Special educational needs administrator
Reporting to: SENCO
Purpose of the post
- To provide a professional, confidential, administrative and secretarial service for the SENCO
- To collate, input and assess a range of data required to update the SEN Records
- To collate, input and assess a range of data required to update student information
- To develop systems for cross referencing this data and assist the SENCO to Analyse it for SEN purposes
- To develop and manage the SEN filing system (including emails, record of telephone conversations), the archiving, retrieval and disposing of SEN information as appropriate
- Liaising with primary/feeder schools and external service ensuring that all SEN information is received
- Forwarding SEN information to transfer schools
- To produce all letters and reports as required, including individual letters to parents, arrange meetings, take minutes, respond to telephone calls and messages etc., for the SENCO
- To attend meetings and take minutes as and when necessary
- To assist in updating provision plans
- Attending INSET sessions and meetings as necessary and appropriate.
- The post holder is required to contribute to and support overall aims and ethos of the school
. · The post holder is required to be aware of and comply with policies & procedures relating to child protection; equal opportunities; health safety and security; confidentiality and data protection and to report all concerns to an appropriate person.