Domestic Abuse Coordinator
The Role We are recruiting Domestic Abuse Housing Coordinators in the Housing Advice Service.
The Housing Advice Team provide specialist casework to applicants experiencing domestic abuse in their homes and facing homelessness.
The Housing Advice Team also embed safeguarding best practice across the wider Housing Advisory Service. You must have significant knowledge of welfare, housing and homelessness policy, legislation and practice as well as specialist knowledge of Domestic Abuse and Safeguarding policy and practice.
You must have experience of providing specialist homelessness casework to homeless applicants with more complex needs and working collaboratively to improve outcomes for survivors of domestic abuse.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to act with diplomacy and integrity in all forms of communication, and negotiating and influencing senior, multiagency stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently, excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work unsupervised, prioritise own workload, demonstrating effective well-structured planning and organisation skills in a calm and methodical manner.
- Excellent standard of computer literacy/IT skills and evidence an ability to gather and analyse information and present information from a range of sources making sure it is reliable and accurate. This will be supported by proficient skills in Microsoft applications.
- The ability to recognise risk and prioritise tasks to ensure that risk is mitigated and managed.
- Knowledge and understanding of MARAC process and national guidance. Together with knowledge and understanding of the participating bodies including the use of health and social care terminology and an understanding of the Domestic Abuse environment.
- Experience of working in a confidential / sensitive material environment, with multiple agencies trying to achieve a common goal.
For an informal chat about the post, please email email@example.com to arrange a conversation.
Closing date: Sunday 30th May,11:55pm