Specialist Team Manager
At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our Mental Health team as a Specialist Team Manager
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Specialist Team Manager in our Wandsworth based NHS integrated intensive supported housing scheme for individuals with complex mental health needs.
- Location: Thrale House, Wandsworth (SW16 1NX)
- Salary: £29,000-£31,000 per annum
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday- Friday with occasional flexibility required
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing our customers with relevant clinical input.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, the team and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and line management, supervision, and appraisal to our support staff.
- You will hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure your staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers, facilitating effective customer participation, consultation, and feedback.
- Ensure that your staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities and ensure they are familiar with all relevant policies and procedures to undertake their role.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision and undertake peer audits as required.
- Work within and monitor the service budget against management accounts.
- You will develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services and ensuring referrals and assessment issues are dealt in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Participate in the management on call rota.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will:
- You will hold a relevant professional qualification in the area of expertise (i.e. counselling, psychology, OT, nursing or social work or any other relevant qualifications)
- You will have experience providing clinical/specialist supervision
- Have staff management experience, ideally within supported housing
- You will have a minimum of 2 years working experience in a mental health service
- Experience working in community settings therapeutically, including assessments, designing interventions, and demonstrating outcomes.
- You will have knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation and government frameworks relevant to mental health
- Management qualification or other relevant professional qualification (Desirable)
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £29,000-£31,000 depending on experience
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Mental Health team.