Health Improvement Specialist- Mental Health. Wellbeing and Suicide Prevention
FTC 12 months 37 hours per week.
Passionate about changing lives? Are you the key person who has what it takes to work with partners to improve the mental health and wellbeing of those who have been impacted by the pandemic? Interested in project managing a unique programme of work funded by Public Health England?
To work as part of the Health Improvement Team and the wider system to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the population who live and work in Halton as well as preventing suicides. Working in partnership, influencing system change and managing projects to:
- Develop skills and knowledge of the workforce and communities
- Tackle stigma and raise awareness of support available
- Support organisations to make positive changes to how they operate
- Deliver and support the implementation of the local suicide prevention plan.
Work will focus on population groups who have been significantly impacted by the Covid 19 pandemic.
You will have a range of experience, skills and abilities, you should possess;
- Excellent project management and coordination skills
- Experience of working with partners to deliver shared objectives
- The ability to build effective partnerships quickly across a variety of sectors
- Experience of working in a health Improvement / Health promotion/ Public health role
- An understanding of the social determinants of health and inequalities specifically relating to mental health and wellbeing
The role will involve regular travel across the borough and sometimes further afield. Therefore, the post holder must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle. Where necessary, reasonable adjustments will be made in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
*Internal Applicants* This post will also be considered as a 12 month secondment opportunity, please ensure you follow the secondment process and obtain authorisation from your Operational Director in the first instance.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Kate Bazley (Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead ) via email@example.com or 0300 029 0029
Interviews will be held on 5th and 9th July