Tel: 01708 932710
Headteacher: Raheel Akhtar
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: Grade 1/2 SCP 1-5 NJC Outer London 2020. £17,599 to £18,899 pro rata (FTE £20,658 to £22,185)
Hours: 36 hours per week term time
Additional Info: There is no parking available with this position
Do you want to join an outstanding new school looking to appoint an ambitious and inspirational teaching assistant?
Concordia Academy opened as a new free school in 2016. In 2018, we moved into our superb new purpose-built site on Union Road in Romford. We are offering you:
- the opportunity to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art building
- fantastic opportunities for career development and progression
- the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new project and to help shape the direction of a new school
- extensive professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills
About the Role
The Teaching Assistant is a member of a team of practitioners responsible for the education and care of the children in the school. The Teaching Assistant will advance student learning; implement work programmes for individuals/groups and supervise physical/general care of students, including those with SEN; enable access to learning for students and assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom.
What We Are Looking For
- someone to provide excellent provision for our children and play an integral role in the development of our newly formed school
- a candidate who is, or wants to become, an outstanding teaching assistant (and is possibly looking to one day become a teacher themselves)
- somebody who is forward thinking and adaptable
- someone who is relentless in securing academic and emotional progress for every child
Visits to the school are on hold due to Covid-19 restrictions. However, if you would like an informal chat about the role then please contact us and ask to speak to the headteacher.
The contact details are: Raheel Akhtar (Headteacher)
Tel: 01708 932710
How to apply:
Completed applications should be returned to: Raheel Akhtar
By post: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford RM7 0HG
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021 at midday
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 14 June 2021
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately. The link for this form can be found in the Application Pack.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.