Health Improvement Specialist
37 hours per week, FTC - 12 months
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging environment? Do you have a passion for helping people improve their health? If so Halton's Health Improvement Team have a fantastic opportunity for a Health Improvement Specialist to join the team.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and working alongside multiple stakeholders and partners, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Direct line management of a team of health improvement staff managing day to day operations and ensuring the efficient running of services.
- Developing and implementing Health Improvement programme’s with a particular emphasis on health promotion and long term condition prevention.
- Using knowledge of the local, regional and national health care agenda to inform service development
- Using an awareness of the importance of protection and prevention interventions including physical activity, healthy lifestyle choices and NHS Health Checks to improve health and wellbeing.
- Working with partner organisations in primary care, local authorities and local business to provide services to all sectors of Halton’s population.
- Analysing and evaluating health data and the effectiveness of public health initiatives and programmes. Identifying and assessing alternative approaches and the required resources.
*Internal Applicants* This post will also be considered as a 12 month secondment opportunity, please ensure you follow the secondment process and obtain authorisation from your Operational Director in the first instance.
The role will involve regular travel across the borough and sometimes further afield. Therefore, the post holder must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle. Where necessary, reasonable adjustments will be made in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
If successful, you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for an Enhanced DBS Check or an Enhanced DBS Check for Regulated Activity. Further information about the DBS Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Ian Baddiley at Ian.Baddiley@halton.gov.uk or call 0151 5115379
Interviews will be held w.c 28th June 2021
Please refer to the person specification to complete your application.