The Deputy Homelessness and Housing Needs Manager will work within the Homelessness and Housing Needs Team who are responsible for delivering the Homelessness and Housing Needs services within the borough, including homelessness prevention and relief, applications to our Housing Register, Allocations to social housing, medical priority applications and rough sleeping services. The Deputy Homelessness and Housing Needs Manager will be responsible for the operational functions of the Homelessness and Housing Needs Team by working within statutory, Council and Government guidelines, ensuring compliance in the delivery of the service.
The role will assist the Senior Homelessness and Housing Needs Manager to manage and develop the Homelessness and Housing Needs Team to prevent homelessness across the Wokingham Borough in accordance with national legislation and policy. This will include:
- Delivery of the operational functions of the Homelessness and Housing Needs Team
- Line management of front line officers and performance management responsibilities
- Improving customer satisfaction within the Homelessness and Housing Needs service
- Delivering a high level of customer care
- Assisting the Senior Homelessness and Housing Needs Manager in the successful delivery of the Wokingham Borough Council’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeping strategy and implementation of new policies across the service
- Ensuring compliance with Parts 6 and Parts 7 of the Housing Act 1996 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Developing an effective partnership network to maximise the prevention of homelessness
Relevant experience in frontline/ operational Homelessness services is required.
Closing date: 11:00pm on 11 June 2021
Interview date: w/C 28 June 2021
For further information about this role, please contact Danielle Willmott on 07917 535537 or email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, and other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer