We have an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer to join our Children’s Team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be part of an experienced Team offering specialist advice to the Council on all aspects of children and education law. The work you can expect to be involved in includes:
- Legal Planning Meetings, considering in particular the threshold criteria for public law applications
- Fostering and adoption advice
- Assistance during the PLO process
- Care proceedings, including Placement Order applications
- Private law matters
- Advice to schools and academies, including parental responsibility, pupil welfare and safeguarding
- School admissions, transport and exclusions, including representation at appeals
- SEN, including representation at Tribunals.
If you’ve got the motivation, experience and talent for this role we’d love to hear from you. Don’t worry if you don’t have local government experience as we’ll give you the support you need to develop.
Cornwall Council is an employer of choice, providing career opportunities in a supportive environment and seeks to promote work life balance. There are many benefits of working for Cornwall Council such as a defined benefit pension scheme, family friendly leave, flexible working in terms of location and hours, on-site parking and facilities. The Council is following the Government’s pandemic guidance and so there will be a need for some home working.
Our excellent employee benefits coupled with the diverse breadth of practice and experience to be gained provides an exciting opportunity that few organisations can match, in one of the country’s most beautiful counties. With numerous beaches and stunning countryside on offer this is an unrivalled opportunity for quality of life with a rewarding career.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract due to additional funding.
This position will be subject to a criminal record disclosure check.
For a conversation about the role please contact Sarah on 07483 382309.
Closing Date: 13/06/2021