As part of Hertfordshire’s Specialist Services, we in the Fostering Service are on a journey to be the “best we can be”. You will become part of a leading Children’s Service, who was rated by Ofsted in November 2018 as delivering ‘Good’ outcomes for children, with a tangible commitment to continuous improvement. North fostering team plays a key role in the recruitment, assessment, training, support & supervision of foster carers to provide placements for vulnerable children.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior practitioner to take on the role as the Consultant social worker in the North Fostering team at Farnham house in Stevenage.
The purpose of the role of a Consultant Social Worker in Fostering is to hold supervisory responsibility for senior practitioners, social workers and children’s practitioners within the team as well as carrying a reduced case load of Foster carers. The Consultant Social Worker will work closely with the Team Manager to support to develop key areas within the Fostering Service such as: ARC Fostering Support, The Mockingbird Family Model; Placement Stability; Management of Allegations; Audit Action Plans; Matching and Long Term Fostering; Foster Carer Consultation; Learning & Development for Foster Carers and or Staff within Service and within other Services. The Consultant Social Worker will deputise for Team Manager as required, including as Duty manager for the coordination of service response to placement requests. A crucial role part of the role of the consultant social worker is to support staff with their continued learning and development and will also be required to deliver training when appropriate.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidates are expected to have the following:
- You will need to be social work qualified registered with the HCPC, be familiar with the TDS standards and have comprehensive knowledge of fostering regulations and legislation.
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a Safeguarding, Children looked after team or an Adoption/Fostering team.
- Ability and experience of undertaking fostering assessments and supporting foster carers.
- Experience of supporting carers to embed trauma informed practice, ie within the ARC framework
- Ability to and experience of supervising social work professionals.
- Experience and confidence in delivering training and workshops