This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join us as a key member of the Council’s Finance team.
The role reports to the Finance Business Partner for Children’s Service and acts as support on all financial matters relating to Children’s Services, providing timely and high quality financial advice.
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience of finance in a complex organisation and share a commitment to continuous improvement.
Wokingham Borough Council offers excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, local government pension scheme, and a generous annual leave entitlement. We are currently working remotely and will continue to support more flexible working when we do return to the office post Covid.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Budget setting, budget monitoring, year-end closedown and statutory returns
- Provide support and advice to budget managers, promoting strong financial governance
- Assisting with preparation and presentation of reports to Management Teams
- Provide advice and support on legislative and guidance changes
- To be the Finance representative on multi-disciplinary groups, such as projects under the Council’s continuous improvement programme
- Assisting with delivery of training, such as to budget managers / other council colleagues
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:
- qualified / part qualified accountant, or able to demonstrate ‘qualification by experience’
- experience of Children’s Social Care advantageous
- have an outstanding track record in delivering a customer focused service
- excellent verbal and written skills
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- ability to operate in large, complex and political organisations
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested in the role and want to know more?
For an informal discussion please contact: Lynne Samuel, Finance Business Partner – Children’s Services; 07766 99 8686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 11pm, 13th June 2021
Interview date: week of 21st June 2021