Environmental Support Officer (Ref: ESO)
Starting salary £22,549.28 pa (37 hour week)
Do you care about the environment? Would you like to oversee and organise the small, but busy Environmental Support team? In this role you will:
- Provide support to the Waste and Street Scene Manager to ensure all administrative functions are undertaken in line with agreed procedures, as well as providing a wide range of statistical data in relation to the waste and street scene service
- Organise and prioritise the Environmental Support team’s varied workload ensuring that the Council’s service standards are met
- Take responsibility for the more complex customer contacts which will include following through on actions and outcomes
- Monitor staff performance and identify training needs
- Optimise and streamline working practices to improve the overall effectiveness of the service
Applicants for this post will ideally have a customer services background; they must have:
- Good communication (written and verbal), organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience in learning new systems and applications
- Some experience of supervising and motivating other staff and be a team player
- A calm, professional manner and the ability to cope in a busy ever changing environment
- The ability to plan and prioritise their own workload and that of the team.
The hours are usually worked between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. There is some flexibility around actual working times, but a 9am start or a 5.30pm finish will be required at times to cover absences of other staff.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Broxbourne Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by Sunday 20 June 2021 (quoting the above reference).
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org