Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to expand their GIS data team and are seeking a Data Specialist with an Expertise in GIS. You will be responsible for leading the development and support of GIS (ESRI) applications for the council. You will manage a small team of GIS Data Specialists to deliver our service offering across departments in the Council.
The role will be a key part of the ongoing development of technology services and information management ensuring the ESRI GIS system is maintained and developed in line with best practice.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Management of (ESRI) GIS data and database for WBC
- Creation and management of a governance process for data quality
- Development, mentoring and training of (ESRI) GIS within department
- Liaison with super users and service areas to identify and deliver key areas of future development and channel shift opportunities
- Build the (ESRI) GIS roadmap for WBC that is focused on enhanced and innovative use of GIS data across all Services
- Manage the Enterprise (ESRI) GIS environment to deliver maximum benefit to the business
- Leading on the customer relationship with ESRI, ensuring opportunities for development, leverage of existing functionality and exploitation of the data within the Council
- The ability to understand business requirements and translate these into potential technical deliverables
- Maintenance of up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation
Closing Date: Sunday 20th June 2021, 11pm.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For further information about this role, please contact email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.