The Refugee Resettlement Team is working on behalf of our District & Borough partners to deliver the West Sussex commitment to resettle 10 families/40 individuals per year under the Home Office UK Resettlement Scheme (UKRS).
This small team works alongside the Gypsy Traveller Team across the county engaging with a wide range of partners to deliver all aspects of resettlement to refugee and Gypsy families and to provide tailored support enabling integration and to maintain independence.
This is an opportunity to use your knowledge and experience in administration support for refugee resettlement and Gypsy Travellers. Working with the two teams you will be a central role to help ensure efficient operations to provide support to refugee and Gypsy Traveller communities. You'll be a key player in helping distressed families to start a new life in West Sussex within the West Sussex Partnership.
For more information about Refugee Resettlement please visit our dedicated Resettlement page.
ABOUT THE JOB
Salary Range: £20,344 - £21,589
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Interview Date: w/c 21 June 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional Administrator with strong business support skills to join the Refugee Resettlement Team and work with the Gypsy Traveller Team.
This crucial role will involve maintaining a flexible, effective, and efficient service which facilitates the daily activity of internal and external partners supporting refugee families and Gypsy Travellers (re)settle in West Sussex.
The successful post holder will demonstrate excellent customer services skills, be confident working within a multi-disciplinary team and display sensitivity and competence in the management of confidential personal information. You will be dealing with daily queries from families and partners as the first point of contact for the Resettlement Scheme and Gypsy Traveller Service, and will need to be extremely organised with good writing and time management skills, with the ability to solve problems with integration and social engagement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Political awareness skills involving the judgement and confidence to correctly advise and guide Senior Managers and officers of the service on routine matters.
- Problem-solving abilities to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and making sound pragmatic decisions which will have a direct impact on the service.
- Ability to research topics, analyse complex documents and legislation and undertake preparation of confidential papers.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills to analyse and interpret complex documents and produce written material including the preparation of data.
- Demonstrate organisational skills, including the ability to manage time and to plan work effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and provide clear advice and guidance to a range of clients, including senior officers, local people, and a range of internal and external clients with a significant degree of confidence, tact and discretion.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships and influence the behaviour and conduct of colleagues to ensure the highest level of service to the public.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- BTEC Higher or equivalent qualification or experience, demonstrating that
- level of applied knowledge in providing an administration service.
- Experience of applying specialist knowledge, and providing advice, to
- customers and colleagues.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge.
REWARD AND BENEFITS
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to the following benefits:
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Generous Pension Scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CPP00368.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Tim Tuckett - Refugee Resettlement Team Manager at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check and 5 years referencing.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!