Salary - £36,922 to £39,880 Per Year
We are on a journey towards outstanding. Do you have what it takes to take us to the next level?
New Directions College is Reading Borough Council’s Adult Community Learning and Skills service. This year we’re celebrating 63 years of Adult Learning in Reading. We’re a small friendly College delivering to over 2000 learners and Apprentices each year, directly and through our subcontractors and partners. We offer both regulated and non-regulated courses, traineeships and Apprenticeships.
We are looking for an experienced MIS Manager to join our Senior Management Team and lead our MIS, performance and finance functions across the College. We are currently implementing a new MIS system (Unit-E) and are ambitious about driving forward performance using a range of operations that you will lead on.
You should have experience of working within a management information systems role within further or adult education and of leading others towards delivering outstanding outcomes.
You must have current knowledge and understanding of ESFA funding rules and regulations (AEB, Traineeships and Apprenticeships) and be committed to ongoing professional development. Experience within a finance role is also desirable.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplined teams. This role requires exceptional attention to detail and a character who can remain calm and focused under pressure.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at New Directions College
Local Government Pension Scheme(LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day Nursery at the Civic Offices) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information, please contact Lisa Potter (Deputy Principal) at email@example.com or Phone: 0345 842 0012 Mobile: 07966 189 883
Visit the New Directions website to find out more about the College - www.newdirectionsreading.ac.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 13th June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.