Project Manager (Development)
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our development team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Development team as a Project Manager (Development)
Our development team sits at the heart of our vision to provide places to call home, with an aim to deliver 5000 homes over ten years. We are responsible for the acquisition, delivery and sales of new-build properties across London and the South East.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Project Manager (Development) in Camden. This role is currently based at home. However, in the future the role will be office based and requires travel around London on occasion. Your responsibilities will include:
- Continuous review and assessment of schemes to ensure they are meeting the organisation’s objectives and maximum value for money is always achieved.
Pre-Contract Development Procedures:
- Agree a development programme with the Development Manager / Head of Service and deliver projects to meet set targets.
- Develop projects in accordance with internal procedures and the Design Brief.
- Prepare individual project briefs for issue to consultants.
- Liaise with New Business, Pre-Construction and Sales Teams on the design, layout and specification of sale units in order to achieve maximum out-turn values.
- In conjunction with the Pre-Construction and Procurement Team, ensure consultants and contractors are properly selected from our chosen frameworks and formally appointed.
On site Development Control:
- Make regular visits to each project on site.
- Monitor progress, quality and general performance of the contractor and consultants in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Liaise regularly with the Employers Agent and act upon Employers Agent’s report and advice.
- Liaise with internal departments and external sales agent in connection with the handover of completed projects.
- Attend snagging and handover inspections and ensure that all documentation required is obtained from the project team and passed to relevant internal client departments.
Financial and Programme Control:
- Ensure all development costs are kept under strict control and recorded on project files by reviewing actual spend against estimated spend. Maintain monthly cashflows.
- Instruct regular Royal Institute of Chartered Survey valuations on sale units and monitor to reporting on whether expected sales values are being met or otherwise.
- Monitor contract variations to ensure that costs are kept within the contract sum and report promptly to the Development Manager/ Head of Service any variations that have cost implications and report the effect of these changes on the contract and budgets.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Good level of appraisal and cashflow reporting knowledge (Use of financial appraisal tools) – ideally Sequel and Optimix
- Development Housing Sector experience, new build and refurbishment, including a track record of delivering complex projects.
- Construction and contract experience appropriate to the Housing Sector
- Technical knowledge of the construction and development environment including development appraisal, construction technology, planning.
- Ability to produce performance indicators and reports that measure business activities for senior executives.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £50-55,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our development team.