There has never been a more exciting and challenging time to work for Waltham Forest Council and with its diverse community and partners to make an impact on the future of the borough. The Covid 19 pandemic and its impact has made us all review the ways we live and work, embracing technology and becoming more flexible, diverse and sustainable. In response to the pandemic, the Council’s emerging Public Service Corporate Strategy focuses on these immediate priorities:
- Connecting people with jobs
- Safe and healthy lives
- Our 15-minute neighbourhood
- Confidence in our future
This roles will support our Employment Business and Skills services and emerging plans for Business and Jobs Recovery
Waltham Forest Employment, Business and Skills directorate is the local authority’s direct provider of opportunities for work, apprenticeships and adult education. We are looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced person with a track record of marketing and communications based upon research, data and insight, reach the right audience with the right messages and are driven to meet Employment, Business and Skills objectives.
- Produce and maintain marketing and communication strategy
- Excellent knowledge and skills in technology and software eg Drupal
- web content management, social media, marketing events and coordinate on design and print.
- Produce reports, research, data and insight
- Maintain and update website and social media platforms
- Liaise and coordinate the design and production of promotional items required.
- Advertise and promote employment opportunities, courses, training, and apprenticeships
- Production of banners, leaflets, flyers and posters
- Engage and monitor user voice and customer complaints
Closing Date is: 28 July 2021